艺人:The Village Stompers

专辑:AM Gold 1963

制谱人:thedoz5575

和弦:Em B7 G C D Bm

注释:

fade out >>>

标记:IntroVerseChorusVerseChorusOutro
    歌词:

From Cape Cod Light to the Mis- sis- sip' to San- Fran- cis- co Bay, They' re talk- in' bout this fa- mouse place, down Green- wich vil- lage way. They hoo- ten- na- ny all the time with folks from ev- ry where, co- me Sun- day mourn- ing, rain or shine, right in Wash- ing- ton Square. An' so I got my Ban- jo out, jes' sit- tin' catch- in' dust, An' paint- ed right a- cross the case: "Green- wich Vil- lage or bust! My folks were sad to see me go, but I got no mean- in' there. So I said, "Good- bye, Kan- sas, Mo. and hel- lo, Wash- ing- ton Square! Near Ten- nes- see, I met a guy who played 12- string gui- tar. He al- so had a migh- ty voice, not to men- tion a car. Each time he hit those blue- grass chords, you sure smelled moun- tian air, I said, "Don't waste it on the wind. C'mon to Wash- ing- ton Square." In New Or- leans, we saw a gal a walk- in' with no shoes, An' from her throat there comes a growl, she sure was sing- in' the blues. She sang for all hu- man- i- ty, this gal with rav- en hair. I sais, "it's for the world to hear, C'mon to Wash- ing- ton Square." We Square. can- non balled in to New York on good old U S 1, Till up a- head we saw the arch, a- glea- min' bright in the sun, as far as all the eye could see, ten thou- sand folfs was there, And sing- in' in sweet har- mo- ny right in Wash- ing- ton

衍水绅士